My World Tuesday Season 2 Episode 21

Welcome to MyWorld - the place where you show others the area around you and become our Tourist Guide!


Want to be a guest host? Here is the page that explains the "How to" !



And guess what? We want more! If you like MyWorld Tuesday, help us
by promoting it on your Site! And become a fan on Facebook! Click below!




Please send in Guest Host contributions for
My World!

Guest Host: Soulbrush, London
' London in December is grey, dark and dismal.
But there is nothing like standing in front of Big Ben watching the traffic whizz by, looking up at this phenomenal spectacle, to know you are right in the centre of London. (Remember, it is the clock that is called Big Ben, not the building).'

 At 9'-0" diameter, 7'-6" high, and weighing in at 13 tons 10 cwts 3 qtrs 15lbs (13,760 Kg), the hour bell of the Great Clock of Westminster - known worldwide as 'Big Ben' - is the most famous bell ever cast at Whitechapel.




Please do check the rules, before you post!

And leave a comment, too! And if you wonder, why your link has disappeared,
click here. Of course you can re-submit a corrected entry. :)



By signing for MyWorld, you acknowledge, that you have read the rules and that you agree to follow them.



Thank you for being part of the MyWorld Community!
Your My World Team:
Klaus Sandy Wren Fishing Guy Sylvia

20 comments:

Carver said...

That's a wonderful shot from London. Great lighting!

Mojo said...

Not so gray and dark at the Golden Hour I'd say.

Is there some reason this new autolink tool takes nearly a full minute to appear after the post goes "live"? Not like I need another reason to dislike it, but really...

Dina said...

Soulbrush, wow! Maybe the London sky is dark and dismal, but your many icons in this photo are shining. Very impressive!

Shalom to all.

Sistertex said...

A real beauty!

maryt/theteach said...

soulbrush, excellent shot of Big Ben and London in Winter! :)

Rinkly Rimes said...

I think I read somewhere that it's not the clock that's called Big Ben, but the bell inside the clocktower. But I may be wrong.

JoAnn's-D-Eyes said...

Hi nice shot from London, we have been there too...

Be welcome in MYWORLD inHolland the sun is almost shining:) Now snowwhite, great impressiosn with sunlight on white...

See you greetings from JoAnn

soulbrush said...

You are absolutely correct, Rinkly, my mistake, have asked the team to edit it.(I mentioned it in the second paragraph but made a mistake there.) Thanks for telling us.
Thrilled to see my London here this Tuesday. Thanks so much team. Hugs to everyone from me in London.

Rob Inukshuk said...

Yes, this London that we call home is an awesome place isn't it?

Diane AZ said...

Fabulous colors and composition, and I love the red double decker bus!

Andree said...

It certaiinly dooesn't look dark and dismal. It's a wonddful photograph full of excitement.

D Herrod said...

Like the contrast of the Red buses with the gray skies.

Autumn Belle @ KDP said...

Happy MyWorld Tuesday. My post today is about the 3 Lover's Day that a Malaysian Chinese can celebrate.

Lily Hydrangea said...

this is so lovely Soulbrush! someday I will get to see this in person.
Thank you for sharing your beautiful view with us until then!

Louise said...

I love this reminder of this place I consider my second hometown. It's very atmospheric. Yes, it's the bell that's named Big Ben, not the tower or the clock. And it's distinctive sound always brings me straight back to Blighty. Lovely shot.

Gattina said...

This picture makes me homesick !

Lisa Wilson said...

Very pretty! Love the lighting!

Pam said...

Your photo is gorgeous. I have never been to London but this wonderful view of the area around Big Ben makes me feel like I am right there looking over your shoulder.
Thanks for the journey.

Mama Zen said...

Love this!

Antonette said...

I'm late...very late, but I've been really busy since returning home from our vacation. Forgive me? LOL