My World Tuesday Issue XV

Welcome to MyWorld - the place where you show others the area around you and become our Tourist Guide!


Want to be a guest host? We have a new page that explains the "How to" !

Find the followers gadget at the bottom of each page - if you would like to stay up to date!

Today's Guest Host is Soulbrush

When Two Worlds Meet
"I was born in South Africa the same year as Apartheid was born. I lived there for 38 years and remember very clearly the day that Mandela was incarcerated on Robben Island (11 June 1964). I also remember the day he walked free (11 February 1990) and we watched with tears in our eyes. He was inaugurated on 10 May 1994 as the country's first black President. Although I left with my family and emigrated to the UK in 1986, Madiba remains my hero.
On 29th August 2007 this statue was unveiled of Nelson Mandela in Parliament Square.
Mr Mandela told the crowd: “It’s an honor for us to be with you on the occasion of the unveiling of this statue today. We never dreamed we would all be here today.

“Though this statue is of one man, it should in actual fact symbolize all those who have resisted oppression, especially in my country.”

Happy 90th Birthday Madiba.


Please do read the rules, before you post! And remember to add your country to your name! :)




Thank you, for being part of the MyWorld Community!Your MyWorld Team:
Klaus | Sandy | Ivar | Wren | Fishing Guy | Louise

20 comments:

Sylvia K said...

A wonderful statue of a wonderful man, thanks for sharing. I wish I could share "my world", but again there is no Mr Linky list to sign into. My site is http://sylviafromoverthehill.blogspot.com

imac said...

Nice one My Friend.

JoAnn's-D-Eyes said...

DEAR My WORLD participants,

My World is in Holland and I like the statue on the header, My World is about "Emetions of Trees"Trees? Yes hahah Come and watch:

www.joannwalraven.blogspot.com
Greetings from JoAnn/Holland

Carver said...

Great post and statue of a great man!

Babooshka said...

Lovely intro Soulbrush. Very poignant this week,

titania said...

Nelson Mandela to be admired for ever.

JoAnn's-D-Eyes said...

I wrote already a comments but this is about Mandela:

Mandela is a great figure, a man with important wishes and Hopes,
Lets Hope we all together, make ONE WORLD, where we all can iive TOGETHER,A World wheret all people live in peace together .

JoAnn Holland

mirage2g said...

I was a little confused because I think I saw this photo a while back. :) anyway its still as I said, a beautiful piece of artwork!

mirage2g said...

Dear moderators, I entered the wrong information, please correct, thank you!

soulbrush said...

i thank you once again for posting this photo, it comes at just the right time with obama being inaugurated in america. gobamago!

The Tile Lady said...

This was a very moving My World post.

Swarna said...

Excelllent pic. Thanks, guest host!

Elaine Dale said...

Lovely, thoughtful entry.

Lily Hydrangea said...

Thanks for this wonderfully interesting post Soulbrush!

TSannie said...

Hello again.
Considering what's happening in our USA, how wonderful your post is, Soulbrush! Thank you!

Antonette said...

Good Morning folks! My entry is up and I hope you enjoy it.

http://jottingsfromjersey.blogspot.com

Indrani said...

That is such a lovely shot of the Great Man! Thanks for hosting!!

wolynski said...

Lovely. Thank you.

BIrdfreak said...

Hi there, I forgot to say where we are from on the link (Illinois, USA).

Nice meme~!

"Ice Pony Girl" said...

Great way to honor the man!

Ice Pony Girl
WI. USA.