My World Tuesday Issue VIII

Welcome to MyWorld - the place where you show others the area around you and become our Tourist Guide!

Find the followers gadget at the bottom of each page - if you would like to stay up to date!

This weeks Guest host is IMAC!

Hello - My Blogging Friends.
My entry for my intro to My World Tuesday is an image of the George Shopping Centre, decorated up for Christmas. It used to be a hotel until it was sold and changed into a shopping centre.
My little part of My World is located in Grantham in Lincolnshire. UK.
Quick brief: Grantham was
  • Mentioned as a Royal Manor in the Domesday Book, Grantham was for centuries the preferred stopping place for kings and noblemen traveling up and down the country.
  • The Angel and Royal Hotel on the High Street was originally a court of King John.
  • The George Shopping Centre, a former coaching inn, mentioned in Charles Dickens' Nicholas Nickleby. Sir Isaac Newton was the most famous pupil of Grantham's Kings School and more recently, Britain's first woman Prime Minister, Margaret Thatcher was born in the town and Britain's first policewoman served here.
To learn more of Grantham and the surrounding district, visit my blog !


Please do read the rules, before you post! And remember to add your country to your name! :)



By signing in to Mr. Linky, you acknowledge, that you have read the rules and that you agree to follow them.


Thank you, for being part of the MyWorld Community!Your MyWorld Team:
Klaus | Sandy | Ivar | Wren | Fishing Guy | Louise

27 comments:

Wren said...

Perfect, and perfect for the season. Plus, it's so nice to learn so much about Grantham - I love the idea that an old inn was saved and put to use in modern times.

Luiz Ramos said...

Great Imac World.
Beautiful Christmas decor.

Reader Wil said...

A wonderful shot by IMAC. It's inviting and brings us in the right mood for Christmas.

Sylvia K said...

Absolutely perfect!! How lovely they saved the inn!

Carver said...

Beautiful shot for Christmas and very interesting to learn a little more about your part of the world.

Mar said...

Lovely Xmas shot and interesting facts about Grantham!
My post is here!

maryt/theteach said...

Imac, an absolutely gorgeous shopping center! Beautifullu decorated for the holidays! :)

Dina said...

Thanks IMAC. This looks like a civilized and fun place to spend some time (and some money).
Holiday cheer to you.

babooshka said...

Fantastic tour and history lesson.

KylieM said...

Beautiful pic for the Christmas Season, it seems like a lovely cosy shopping centre.

Rob (Inukshuk Adventure) said...

Great shot of Holiday decorations.

Allan Barredo said...

Beautiful Christmas photo! thanks for sharing

alicesg said...

Very beautifully decorated in the mall. I love to view all the different decorations in different malls. Happy Tuesday.

Mary said...

What a beautiful place....I love Christmas decorations :-)

The Tile Lady said...

Wonderful My World Photo! Just the PERFECT thing for this time of year! I can't wait to look at the blog and learn more!

Lily Hydrangea said...

Wonderful photo Imac & the history is interesting too!

Kathiesbirds said...

Thank you for this lovely view of your world at Christmastime! I love it and all the information! Well done, Imac!

uncleawang said...

Beautiful shot of Christmas in your world.Lovely.

Mamapippa said...

Wauw, Christmas is in the air !

soulbrush said...

what a great image, although all this spending at xmas time rather sickens me, specially this year.

c.boyer said...

Fine Xmas pic !
My world is a small river : Aube. One more time, I post one of my watercolours on
www.au-fil-de-l-aube.fr

Sailor Girl said...

IMAC rocks!!!!!
I love this Meme!!!!!!!!

BeeDancer said...

Host picture is lovely.

I'm up now...

Mental P Mama said...

Having to play at this one today! Too much fun!

April said...

A wonderful festive scene from the UK!

Antonette said...

Stop by and see Gunner and Santa over in my world!

http://jottingsfromjersey.blogspot.com/2008/12/my-world-tuesday_09.html

littleredplanet said...

This looks like a great place. Can't wait to get around to everyone's sites!

cheers
dale
little red planet