My World Tuesday - Issue I

It's is pretty exciting to introduce a new Meme. The idea if My World was inspired by Skywatch, because Skywatch did something that no other meme did before. It connects people - where ever they are. It shows, that we share so many things beyond skies.
And that regardless of where in the world we are! Asia or Australia, Africa, Europe or the Americas we do share the same sky and we love watching it, no matter what race, gender, religion or political conviction we have.
My World Tuesday wants to extend that by making our participants virtual tourist guides, showing us their world as they see it.
And as in Skywatch - everything goes. And your world is relative - because it is - where ever you are, or have been. Images from your travels are as welcome as those from your Marketplace, where you buy your vegetables.
Also like in Skywatch, we will have guests, introducing their world. And to make it more real, guests will all answer some simple questions, that give you a practical idea of their world. The current prices of gas, bread, milk, coffee, beverage, apples and oranges. 7 items that belong to the life of most people and we think it might be interesting to see what you spend for those in your area.
We will start off with our Team Members: Tom, Wren, Fishing Guy, Sandy, Ivar, IMAC and me Klaus, to introduce our world to you.
I selected the first image for MyWorld with just that background - how small our world has become. It shows the Showcase of countries in Walt Disney's Epcot. Around this Lake countries are shown, with typical buildings, original foods and goods. Not necessarily very authentic - but it is good fun and entertaining.
And for the rules? Basically the same as in Skywatch.

  • Prepare your post and upload it to your site
  • Mark it clearly as a MyWorld post
  • Link back to this site, to invite others to look and participate
  • --->>> Enter your Name and country!! in the Name field and your URL in the URL field. <<<-----
    (Yes, that is the only difference. But since it is about Your World, it makes sense to
    have the country the post is about, shown.)
  • We welcome you also to leave a comment!
  • That's it. Have fun! And please be kind. No promotions, no adult content and stuff like
    that. Like Skywatch, MyWorld is intended for the whole Family.
If you need help - we have a questions Page and a page to help with Mr. Linky. And if you need
to contact us, you can eMail us: skywatchmyworld AT gmail DOT com. And for your convenience we integrated a translation tool at the bottom and images to use on your site can be found in the Badges page.

Enjoy, have fun and thank you for stopping by!
Your MyWorld Team
Tom, Sandy, IMAC , Klaus, Ivar, Wren & Fishing Guy

46 comments:

david mcmahon said...

Great team, great concept, great prospects.

And what a great world we live in !

Ecobirder said...

This time I am in on the ground floor. Hope everyone enjoys my virtual tour of The Raptor Center.

Pernille's ting og tang said...

Congratulation for This is My World! A fantastic idea! I wish you all the best!

Your shot today show me a fantastic wonderful plase I wish I could visite one time!

I forgot to put my country behind my name. Sorry.

April said...

Wonderful site and beautiful picture from Florida!! Best Wishes, April

Luiz Santilli Jr said...

Good evening!

Great Meme, people!!
I'm here now and always week!!
I liked this idea!
I have a lot of things of My World to show!
And I'll do it!!

Luiz

Reader Wil said...

I think I am going to like this meme even more than Sky Watch, because now I have a chance to write about my country, which I am very proud of. Thanks for creating this meme!

RuneE said...

A new meme - anew opportunity? Ythe concept seems interesting. I hope you make.

PS Sorry about appearing twice, just one of those things...

CrazyCath said...

Great idea. Why on earth didn't some one (we?) think of it before? It is so simple and so informative and exciting. A virtual round the world tour.

marcia@joyismygoal said...

good job I am thrilled to be apart

Mojo said...

I'm on the road for a few days with very limited access, but I'll get around to everybody I can either while I'm gone or when I get back.
Meanhile, I submit for your approval:
That's My World Tuesday #1: Bicentennial Mall

mirage2g said...

Thanks for a great meme....a beautiful first meme post!

Mike - Fenphotography said...

Looking forward to joining in with this. Mike.

Celeste said...

What a fabulous idea - thanks guys!

piedmontperspective said...

Your inaugural photo is perfect! I think this meme is going to be a lot of fun.

babooshka said...

Wonderful opeening shot. Superb neme idea. Not sure of I can continue with all the nemes, but in today with viking recap.

Cheryl said...

What a great idea!

indicaspecies said...

I've started with a new blog just to share pictures of Kuwait, and the different places that I've travelled to around the world.

Fabulous concept of presenting our corner to the rest of the wonderful world out there.

Congratulations, and all the best to the team.

Carver said...

Great idea. I didn't think I do any more new photo memes but this one seemed like such a wonderful concept I couldn't resist. Good photograph of Epcot's showcase of countries.

Agring said...

Way to go World! That's beautiful photo. c'mon over and check my world!

alicesg said...

Congratulations on a new blog. Great teamwork.

Brit' Gal Sarah said...

Wonderful idea and concept, I am very happy to join in

JC said...

Terrific shot, great idea! Here's to your world and my world... wish you much success!

Greyscale Territory said...

Fantastic to see this meme emerge! I love it! Had to join in!

And love the scenic pic above! Glorious!

Dina said...

Shalom! So happy many other bloggers will be sharing their part of the world.
That is what I do everyday at Jerusalem Hills Daily Photo. Today you are welcome to come visit the festivities at the Western Wall.

Thanks to the fine crew how is putting this new meme on the world map.

Thousandwordsworthy said...

Thank you for this wonderful group. What a nice way to sw OUR World. My first post is up.

Indrani said...

My first one is up!
Thanks to he hosts!!

Inkivääri said...

So fantastic idea to get people together - thank you:) I hope pics say more than I can say in English;)

Mar said...

Just saw this meme and couldn't resist although I don't have a photoblog, it's just a blog, but love to photograph, love to travel, and I will love to see everybody's corner of the world!
Great idea, congrats!

Cuidado said...

Meant to put - Cuidado in eastern Canada.

Love this new idea and meme.

Sailor Girl said...

Our World is Wonderful!!!!!
Specially when it is full of Ships!!!
LOL!!!

Lapa37 said...

Hey I'm here finally I wanted to tell you all this is a great idea.Thanks for coming up with it.

Judi~Gmj said...

David said it all. Great, great, great. and GREAT!

Anita said...

My contribution today isn't beautiful... but it's the most real part of My World right now...

Prairie Visions

Thank you for doing this - what an inspired idea!

MumbaiiteAnu said...

This is a fantastic idea. Being a part of citydailyphotogroup, I am already a virtual tourist guide from Mumbai. Now with 'My World', my Tuesday photo will be more detailed and personal and the perspective from my point of view.

D Herrod said...

Mines up. Great idea. I forgot to put my country by my name.

Carrie and Troy Keiser said...

I'm so excited to see the rest of the world!

Jeannelle said...

This is such a cool idea! Way to go, team! Thank you for all your hard work!

Bobbie in Hawaii said...

I'm really looking forward to participating in this new photo meme. Judging from the list of participants so far, it's off to a great start.

Jack and Joann said...

Oh, my, with Fishing Guy's helpful email to me I somehow got my blog linked up today. Hope I can figure it out again next Monday afternoon.

Some of you with photos by your comments here look a little familiar already--like David McMahon up there and Baboushka and Judi-Gmj down there near the bottom of the comments.

But I'm so excited and thrilled! I feel like I have just made 100 new friends today! Will try to visit your blogs tomorrow to say hello.

arlene said...

a little bit late, bt amhappy to be part on the first week of this new meme.

KylieM said...

Looking forward to this! I almost forgot to come and post here .. lol .. Great Pic for the first week!

Yen said...

I'm gonna join next week:)

VaQueenBee said...

This is such a wonderful idea! Vacation from home! It's been very interesting and fun!

Thank you!

filou said...

Thanks for the power to show beauties of the world

soulbrush said...

congrats on your wonderful new blog...and i look forward to sharing 'my' london with you all!

the teach said...

My World team, this is a great meme and I'm enjoying it! I signed into Mr. Linky incorrectly the first time. The second sign-in is correct. I'm sorry! :)